Sunday, January 5, 2020

Memory of the funeral with Edgar M. Vigdal by Simon Quincey and Siv Vise

July 2, 1963 - April 1, 2015

Some really sad and very serious news for everyone... My condolences to Siv and the kids. Don't know what to say, a bit in shock.

Unfortunately, Edgar Vigdal passed away on the evening of the 1st April 2015 of cancer, up to 2 nights ago. I'm not sure i need to provide more details even if i get them... One of Edgars close friends has given us this information earlier this evening and right now Kev and I are quite shocked and very saddened by the news. I believe the death of his father and the toll that brought on him along with his lifelong illnesses had worn him down. We are all shocked and saddened by this news and my deepest warmest thoughts are with his family and friends. I will miss Edgar very much, he has been a big part of my life for many many years now through our long chats and late nights on Skype.

Edgar and I would talk night after night for hours at a time, often into the early hours of the morning. We became close friends over the many years doing this, battery life for iPad were flat, sharing jokes and trading our latest music finds... And recently we had agreed that finally i was going to visit Norway so we could actually meet for the first time this May and i'd stay with him and his family... I'm going to miss those chats. This is a rather sudden shock for all of us and i'm really not sure what else to say.

My thoughts and deepest sympathies go to Siv, Marta, Rebekka and Markus and all the rest of the family. RIP Edgar, my great friend. Keep on coding…

- Simon Quincey -

-----------------------------

I want to thank all of you who has sent condolences and thoughts after his death.

Edgar passed away after a short stay at the hospital. We think it is unreal and very sad that he is gone. I can see that he has meant a lot to all of you who followed him and his games. That is very good to think about, and I am glad that he will be remembered through his games. Edgar's memory will continue to live through his games and his three children, Marta, Rebekka and Markus.

Love from Edgar's family

- Siv Vise -

No comments:

Post a Comment